Sunday, February 20, 2011

Smoked Chicken

A couple weekends ago I smoked a whole chicken. I usually smoke legs, thighs or wings so this was a first for me. It turned out great and the family loved it.

I took the whole chicken and marinated it over night in a vinegar BBQ sauce. About an hour before I put it on the cooker I butterflied it and then put rub on it and let it rest.


After the cooker warmed up to 250° I set the chicken on it and let it cook.


After about an hour and a half I checked the temp of the chicken and then every half hour after that until it reached between 170°-180° in the breast. The meat on the legs should be pulling back by then.


Once it was off and cooled for about half an hour and then I pulled it apart and and plated it. It didn't last too long and the family loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment