Monday, August 13, 2012

Recipe: Onion Jam? What the...?

Yesterday I decided to grill some burgers but wanted something a little different to go on them. I was looking through one of my grilling cookbooks and came across Onion Jam. I had also made some grilled tomatoes a while back with cheese on them. They didn't turn out like I had planned so I tried again but changed it up with better results.
It sounded good so I decided to give it a try.

Onion Jam Ingredients:
  • 3 onions
  • 2 tablesppons of oil
  • 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3 gloves of garlic
  • 1 teaspoon of ginger

It calls for a variety of onions; red, vadalia, yellow etc. Cook them in a pan with oil until they turn brown then add a 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar and a 1/4 of brown sugar and let it reduce for about 10 minutes. I added some garlic and ginger to mine.

Grilled Tomatoe Ingredients:
  • Tomatoes
  • Rub
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Cheese
Slice the tomato and sprinkle with rub, balsamic vinegar and cheese. The cheese should cover the whole tomatoe. Put the tomato slices on the grill untill the chees is melted. Enjoy.

Onion jam, ready to go.
This is what it looked like finished.


I grilled my burgers and tomatoes with cheese on them and put it all together.

Best burger I've had in a long time. all the flavors marry so well together and create a party in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment